The Chatham Agricultural Partnership (CAP), the Columbia Land Conservancy, and the farmers of Chatham present the Chatham Area Farm Tour 2019 on Saturday, September 28.
2019 is the eleventh annual self-guided bike and car tour that invites the public to visit farms in the Chatham area. Visitors will get to see the diverse face of farming in northern Columbia County, with horse, dairy, sheep, cattle, maple syrup, wine, and produce farms. There will also be stands open, many with local farm products to purchase.
This year’s tour is co-sponsored by the Columbia Land Conservancy and visitors will learn about the important roles the organization plays in the farmland of Columbia County.
Photography & Video/Film Contest
The CAP is also sponsoring a photography and video/film contest for images taken on the farms during the tour with 3 Divisions – Child (under 10), Youth (ages 11-16), and Adult (ages 17+).
Instructions for the contest:
- Images and films should be taken on September 28th between 10-4, on one of the participating farms.
- Photographs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. JPEG files less than 3MB would be appreciated.
- Videos/Films should be uploaded to DropBox, (please email email@example.com for uploading instructions). Videos/Films should be less than 5 minutes.
- Please include your name, age, phone number and email address along with your submission.
- No more than 3 submissions per person.
- Submissions must be made by October 13th.
The winning photographs and films will be displayed in the Columbia Land Conservancy window on Main St. in Chatham, on the Chatham Keep Farming Website and Instagram account, and will be displayed and shown at the Farm Film Festival in Chatham. (March 2019)
Farms on the tour include
Love Apple Farm
Maple Leaf Sugaring
Jersey Meadow Farm
Little Ghent Farm
The Berry Farm
Staron’s Farm Stand
Equine Advocates Rescue & Sanctuary
Little Book Farm
Raven & Board
Dog Wood Farm & Rock City Mushrooms
Buttonwood Hollow Farm
Red Rock Farm
Hawthorne Valley Farm
High & Mighty Farm
The Barn at Miller’s Crossing
Saturday, September 28, 2019 / 10am – 4pm
Visit chathamkeepfarming.org/FarmTour.html to download the Farm Map, and see the full list of Participating Farms and Markets.
For more local happenings, news, and events, follow ColumbiaCountyCurrent on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter