Celebrate the 175th anniversary of Spencertown Academy Arts Center historic home and the 50th anniversary of the Academy as an arts center. Free entertainment for all!
For Kids: 10:00am-Noon on the Village Green
- Balloon artists
- Mortal Beasts and Deities Stilt Dancers will roam the Green
- 10:30-11:00am: Columbia County Youth Theater will perform
- 11:30-Noon: Tom Hooker Hanford: Fiddle Dee Dee, Children’s Folk Songs of Old New York and New England.
At the Academy: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Building open for tours
- Members’ Show in Gallery
- Keeping Our History Alive: Academy history on video loop
- Special Commemorative items for sale: t-shirts, photo book: A Look Back at Spencertown and the Academy
- Were you a student at the Academy? Come and share your memories with our videographer who will be recording former students in 10 minute sessions from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the kitchen. Reserve your time slot at the back door. 1:30pm: Line up on the front steps for a group photo of former students
At the Austerlitz History Center: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Opening of new exhibit on “Pop” Sweet, the Famed Fiddler of Fog Hill (and Bobby Sweet’s great-grandfather). Learn more about George R. “Pop” Sweet.
At the Town Park: Food Vendors 11:30am-2:30pm
- Mama Lo’s BBQ, Mexican Food from Nelva, Mr. Ding-A-Ling
At the Ballfield
Please bring blankets and chairs
- 1:00-1:30pm: Tom Hooker Hanford: Fiddle Dee Dee, Children’s Folk Songs of Old New York and New England.
- 2:00-4:00pm: The Bobby Sweet Band
DATE/TIME: Saturday, July 9, 2022 / 10am – 4pm
LOCATION: Spencertown Academy (plus additional locations mentioned above)